One of the leading problems my clients have when it comes to selling is how to discuss the obvious issues that may or may not be holding their prospect from making a buying decision.
They really struggle with talking about the elephant in the room. And rather than ignoring the bleeding obvious and owning that elephant talk, they avoid it like crazy and hope like heck it never comes up. Yet know deep inside that the topic is unavoidable.
Can you relate?
Admit it. There will be some subjects related to your product or service you dread discussing.
- You don’t think your offer is leading edge
- You can’t offer the full spectrum like the bigger companies
- You worry about whether the client will think you are too expensive
- You don’t have the experience – credibility – education that you think they are looking for
When I present on this subject, my audience soon discovers the ‘elephant’ may different for everyone…but everyone has one.
BUT…no matter how hard you try to dance around the elephant in the room and try to pretend it’s not there, it’s just a matter of time before someone asks you about it.
Then it’s likely you stumble through a lame response that makes you sound like a total patsy and your credibility plummets.
Knowing how to handle the primary objections before they arise is vital in any sales conversation.
- People will buy from you when they see value
- People will buy from you when they need what you offer
- People will buy from you when they trust you
Best wishes till next time.
P.S. To learn more about overcoming anxiety around selling register here for this workshop