Three questions for you…
- What do you want to have achieved by the end of 2018?
- How will that change your life for the better?
- How will it make you feel when you achieve this goal?
Goal setting is all about moving you to a more preferred position. It needs conscious effort and commitment.
But…as your subconscious is focussed on keeping you safe and much more powerful than the conscious mind, it will actively try to keep you where you are now.
Forbes magazine has acknowledged that the increase in the number of entrepreneurial women has grown exponentially in recent years. Starting up in business can be an exciting me for the female entrepreneur, but also a daunting me too. In the excitement of getting things going, she often overlooks the obvious—that sales are the lifeblood of any business, and selling is a skill.
Discover the Top 5 Techniques to MAKE MORE SALES
Without Selling in less than 3 hours! Learn More >>>>>
Without exception, I’ve found that although most female entrepreneurs have a great deal of ability, many fail to realise just how crucial it is when running when your own business to be confident in yourself, your message, and your ability. It is surprising just how many women have a deep sense of being judged personally and who are continually questioning their ability to do the job, especially for those who have left a corporation on where they were recognised for their expertise and experience.
Why? It is all to do with your belief systems. You will have built up emotional patterns of behaviour over many years which govern your viewpoint of the world and when you set goals that may stress and are uncomfortable, your subconscious will challenge your motivation.
To avoid this from happening to you, there are actions you can take.
- Only set a goal once and let it go. Focus on the end result, not whether you achieve it or not.
- Create a plan of action where you list the small steps you need to take.
- Take on one step at a time so not to overwhelm the subconscious.
- Break down your day in chunks, and allocate activities to those chunks.
- Reprogram your conscious and subconscious by dealing with the real underlying issues which are the real causes for your stress.
It is no wonder people give up on their goals, their dreams, as evidence indicates that as soon as you set a desire that is external to your control, you place yourself in a continuous circle of chronic stress.
Obviously not all female entrepreneurs who start a new venture come from the corporate world or have been bullied into moving on. What I’ve found though is that what many women do have in common when they are in their own business is the negative voice in their head that constantly judges their ability
and worth. This voice has often been the foremost influencer of decisions, and when endeavouring to grow
a business this voice holds the power of success or failure. Read More in my Book “Good Girls Do Sell”
- That whether you achieve your goal or not, you will have strengthened your confidence muscle by making an effort.
- Recognise how you feel each time you set a goal.
- Every step forward is a step closer to realising your dreams…even if they are baby steps.
“Obstacles are necessary for success because in selling, as in all careers of importance, victory
comes only after many struggles and countless defeats.” ……… Og Mandino
Best wishes till next time.
P.S. To learn more about how to reach your goals register for this workshop